- I gave two lectures at the Padova Summer School in Philosophy - On Objectivity. The first was on aesthetic disagreements, and the second on legal disputes. Photos here.
- "A Puzzle of Conflicts" at the International workshop on EMOTIONS AND CONFLICT Pisa, February 3-5, 2016
- "Pejoratives: how the analogy with fiction breaks down" at the LanCog Seminar on December 18, 12h.
- "Pejoratives: how the analogy with fiction breaks down" at the workshop The Roots of Fiction taking place at Universidade de Macau, 5-6 December 2015.
- "Falsity and Retractions: New experimental data on epistemic modals" at the Pervasive Context conference at Peking University, 24-25 October 2015.
- "Falsity and Retractions: New experimental data on epistemic modals" LOGOS Seminar at the University of Barcelona on October 14, 2015
- "Character and Content in Hybrid Expressivism", 8th Congress of the Spanish Society for Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science, Barcelona, 7-10 July 2015.
- While at Eidyn, I did a "piggy back session" organized by the Edinburgh Women in Philosophy Group, in which I talked about 'Stereotype threat and silencing: two causes of difference' (Monday 22nd of June 2015, 3-4pm in Dugald Stewart Building Room 1.01.)
- I commented on Hrafn Asgeirsson's paper on vagueness, knowability and judicial discretion at the Legal Philosophy Workshop in Edinburgh, 13-14 June 2015.
- "A Puzzle for Conflicts" at the 8th Latin Meeting for Analytic Philosophy, that took place in Milan June 2015. Comments by Sebastiano Moruzzi.
- “La Construcción Social de Hechos Reales”. Seminar, Montevideo, Uruguay. 8 April 2015.
- “Aesthetic Predicates: A Hybrid Dispositional Account”, SADAF Seminar, Buenos Aires, Argentina. 30 March 2015.
- “De Se Dispositions and Conflicting Attitudes”, Philosophisches Seminar of the University of Zurich — Dissens - Disagreement , 2 March 2015.
- "Character and Content in Hybrid Expressivism", Semantic Pluralism Workshop, with David Chalmers, Konstanz, January 2015.
- "The Relevance of Causal Social Construction", XXIII SIUCC -- Seminario Inter Universitário de Ciéncia Cognitiva, invited speaker: Jennifer Hornsby, Seville, November 6-8, 2014.
- "De Se or De Nobis?" 2nd PLM workshop, with John Perry. University of the Basque Country, Donostia/S. Sebastian. September 2014. (link with videos to talks, comments and discussion).
- "Varieties of Constructionism", ESPP - European Society for Philosophy and Psychology Annual Congress, Noto, Sicily, September 2014.
- Understanding and Misunderstanding Final conference of the EUROCORES EuroUnderstanding programme of the ESF, 8-10 May 2014 in Lisbon. The conference took place at the Gulbenkian Foundation (Auditorium 3).
- LanCog Workshop Values in Context Faculty of Letters, University of Lisbon
23-24 May 2013ECAP5, Fifth European Congress for Analytic Philosophy, Faculdade de Letras, University of Lisbon, August 2005 (Local organizing committee).
- Workshop on Fiction and the Imagination, Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa, 6-7 December 2012.
- ENFA5, Fifth meeting of the Portuguese Society for Analytic Philosophy Braga, 13-15 September 2012.
- Graduate Workshop - Oficina de Filosofia Analítica 8/OFA8 Lisbon, 10-12 September 2012.
- Coordination and Disagreement across Perspectives Workshop Lisbon, 10-12 September 2012 This event, as part of the European Science Foundation EUROCORES Programme EuroUnderstanding, is supported by funds from FWF, FWO, DCIR, ETF, CNR, NWO, RCN, MNiSW, FCT, VR.
- Latin Meeting in Analytic Philosophy, November 2011 University of Lisbon. (Local organizing committee and scientific committee).
- Workshop on Negation and Denial, Lisbon, 7-8 July 2008. (Organization)
- ENFA4, 4º Encontro da Sociedade Portuguesa de Filosofia Analítica, Universidade de Évora, September 2009. (Local organizing committee and scientific committee)
- ECAP5, Fifth European Congress for Analytic Philosophy, Faculdade de Letras, University of Lisbon, August 2005 (Local organizing committee).
I participated in a fun event, Flash Philosophy, part of the philosophy festival Barcelona Pensa. You can see on the left a little of what we're up to.
I had fun giving a talk for high school students, 17 November 2011, World Philosophy Day, at Escola Secundária António Gedeão, on the importance of logic. In Portuguese, A Importância da Lógica. You can see it on the left.
OFICINA DE FILOSOFIA ANALÍTICA: I organized OFA1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 (the last with Luís Duarte d'Almeida), which took place at the Sociedade Portuguesa de Filosofia, under the auspices of the Portuguese Society for Analytic Philosophy. The eight edition was integrated in the workshop Coordination and Disagreement across Perspectives (see above).